Monday, October 25, 2010

October 25, 2010
Saturday, Oct 23, was an amazing day! The happiness and excitement I have felt for the last 4 months turned into joy and love. We watched Hailey Hall accept Christ and enter into the waters of baptism. She looked like an angel. She was dressed in white and her countenance just glowed. She is so happy. We began teaching Hailey about the Gospel of Jesus Christ about 7 weeks ago. We really love her. She is a very special young lady.

We have met so many good people here. When they see our name tags and see that we represent The Church of Jesus Christ of Latterday Saints, they are so nice to us. Even those who aren't interested in religion are kind. We visit a lot of people who have reason to despair, but they don't. We are visiting one lady who has just found out that her cancer has returned. She had surgery, but there isn't much they can do for her. She still has a smile on her face. Another person is waiting for a liver transplant. He is so sick and feels so bad. I wish we could do more for him. We're friends with others who are having serious physical problems. Many here are almost destitute because of the layoffs and lack of employment. One really sweet young family - father, mother and 3 children - lost their home in a fire last week. The father lost his job a month ago. I could go on and on. I wish I could make everything alright for all of them, but I can't. I can, however, share my testimony of our Savior Jesus Christ and the love He and our Heavenly Father have for us. I know Christ not only suffered for our sins, but He also suffered the kind of pain these people are going through. He hears and answers our prayers. He is the answer. Only Him.

1 comment:

  1. Please tell her congratulations! That is so wonderful! I can't wait until Brett and I can go on a mission too!

    ReplyDelete